Unique opportunity to join one of the leading organizations involved in the innovation and advancement of technology in pipeline robotics.
ULC Robotics is seeking a Field Technician to join a rapidly expanding UK based team that operates and maintains robotic systems which perform critical repairs from within buried natural gas infrastructure. This unique opportunity allows the successful candidates to work within a dynamic environment among some of the brightest minds in the field.
Due to the uniqueness of the work ULC perform, all successful candidates will receive bespoke training in the use and maintenance of our robotic platforms and safe operation in the challenging environments we operate in. To support this, an interest and comprehension of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems makes you the perfect candidate for this job. We encourage your application if you have a mind toward the advancement of the robotics and utility industries and a background in any related industry, such as automotive, airspace, aerospace, engineering, or industrial fabrication and repair.
Field Mechanical Technician must have the following:
- A hands-on attitude with an inclination toward mechanics and electronics; troubleshooting experience is a major plus
- A valid driving license
- The ability to pass a mandatory drug/alcohol test and background check
- The flexibility to be available for travel whenever necessary and to work away remotely for long periods of time in company provided accommodation
- A willingness to work outside of normal working hours, including night and weekend work
- Fit and able to perform manual duties.
- The ability to work within a small team of three in a street/roadwork construction environment with varying weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills required to work well within a small team and accurately complete reports which outline the work performed daily
Qualifications and experience in the following is also desirable:
- A deep interest in or background related to robotics or remotely controlled tooling, with extensive knowledge of hand tools and their use
- Experience working on gas pipelines and infrastructure
- Experience working in controlled site conditions and challenging environments
- Category C/C1 driving license and experience driving commercial vehicles
- NPORS qualifications relating to the operation of Hiab cranes
- IT literate with a focus on Excel
By applying for this position you are agreeing for ULC Robotics to hold and process your personal data in accordance to our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party Clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please advise us in writing.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org